What we're about
The San Diego Quantified Self Meetup is inspired by the Bay Area Quantified Self Meetup and the Quantified Self blog.
It is a regular show and tell for people who are tracking data about their body and conducting their own personal investigations and research into their bodies, minds, and selves.
Anything is game -- from personal genetics to ways to digitize and track information, from how to self-diagnose to how to self-experiment with data and statistics. More specific topics include:
* using data and statistics to further self-experimentation
* behavior monitoring, tracking, and modification (including studying habit forming and breaking)
* lifelogging, lifecaching, and lifestreaming
* location tracking
* generating, capturing, and working with biometric data
* psychological self-assessments
* medical self-diagnostics and keeping track of one's own medical data
* personal genetics and genome sequencing
Good sources of Information and Inspiration are:
The Bay Area QS Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/quantifiedself/)
The NYC QS Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/NYQuantifiedSelf/)
and the QS Blog (http://www.quantifiedself.org)