addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Québécois/ses and friends of Québec in Boston Message Board › Info on tourtière !

Info on tourtière !

Sylvie
user 7723358
Group Organizer
Milton, MA
Post #: 25
I am writing from the San Francisco Bay Area. I am third generation French Canadian and the only cultural tradition that made its way to my generation was tourtiere at the holidays. I am doing research about this holiday dish and wondering if you and/your members would be willing to share with me if this is also part of their holiday tradition, when they have it, and recipes of course. We always had ours after midnight mass on Christmas Eve.

thank you for any input.

Cheers.

Karen
Natalie
user 28466112
Holliston, MA
Post #: 1
Bonjour Karen,

I am from Quebec and my family has tourtière every year at Christmas time. It's usually a réveillon dish that we have on Christmas Eve. Both my grandmothers have always made them, I will try to get the family recipe for you!

Cheers,
Natalie
A former member
Post #: 17
Thanks Natalie.