10 years ago, the Brisbane tech scene asked itself whether AI could thrive in Brisbane or not. Is Brisbane too small? Do we have the skills? Does Brisbane even care?
Come along to this talk to find out what has happened, how your company compares, and who is blazing a trail in the AI scene. We've put together a star studded panel from Brisbane's AI scene and have invited them to discuss the progress of AI in Brisbane. In addition, we'll be releasing the data collected for the research so you can do your own analysis.
Technical Rating: 🌶️
The panel will discuss how Brisbane's AI scene has grown over the last ten years. Our panel is made up of:
Nicolle Kelly – A/Deputy Director-General, Innovation at Department of Innovation
Dr Sally Shrapnel – Postdoctoral Research Fellow, ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems
Wendy Oxenham – CEO & Co-founder, MARC AI
Evan Shellshear – Head of Analytics, Biarri Optimisation
Juxi Leitner – Co-Founder at LYRO Robotics / Research Lead Manipulation at Australian Centre for Robotic Vision
The questions that we will be asking the panel will be:
1. Has Brisbane's AI scene succeeded or failed in the last ten years?
2. What challenges does Brisbane face?
3. What competitive advantage does Brisbane have so that we can beat other growing AI hubs?
4. What benefits does Brisbane offer to AI startups over other cities in Australia?
5. What needs to be done to turn Brisbane into a global AI hub?
6. What advice can we give AI startups in Brisbane?
7. Final question: Where do we predict Brisbane will be in 5 years?
6:00pm: Mingling, networking and nibbles
6:30pm: Introductions and presentation by Evan Shellshear (Head of Analytics, Biarri)
6:45pm: Panel Discussion
7:30pm: Question and Answer Session
8:00pm: Mingling continued