addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Quranic Reflection Message Board › English Transaltion of Quran by

English Transaltion of Quran by

Sahdi
sahdimaleeq
Group Organizer
Corona, CA
Salam All,

I came across translation of holy Quran by M. A. S. Abdel Haleem and wanted to share it with you. This will also benefit people who are new to Islam.

Abdel Haleem starts by giving background on life of prophet Muhammad, the revelation of Quran, Compilation of Quran, Structure of Quran, Issues with Interpretation of Quran and then gets into translation of each surah which I find is also worded a little differently then main stream translations.

M. A. S. Abdel Haleem was born in Egypt, and learned the Qur an by heart from childhood. Educated at al-Azhar, Cairo, and Cambridge Universities, he has taught Arabic at Cambridge and London Universities since 1966, including courses in advanced practical translation and the Qur an. He is now Professor of Islamic Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.

Please use the link below to access the PDF file.

http://files.meetup.com/1421291/English%20Translation%20of%20Quran-Oxford%20World%20Classic.pdf­

I hope you will find this helpful.

Sadi