addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

R User Group Rhein-Neckar Message Board › What are your interests, what do you suggest as presentation topcs?

What are your interests, what do you suggest as presentation topcs? Please discuss here.

Friedrich S.
user 28754112
Group Organizer
Heidelberg, DE
Post #: 1
Suggestions and ideas from the past meetups (that I can remember or just made up) were:

• Bioconductor overview
  • Short overview of the "R universe" with its repositories, infrastructure etc.
  • A simple End-to-end solution for reading, analyzing and reporting data (beginners example)
  • Still in the making: Revolution R Enterprise and it's features (I still have no feedback from revolution. But maybe ...)
  • Intro to optimization in R
  • New R versions, interesting packages and features
  • Not exactly R: Julia language
  • User interface for the ggplot2 package

What I also had in mind was a simple social meetup with no specific presentation, for example a barbecue.
Please add your comments and ideas.
Friedrich S.
user 28754112
Group Organizer
Heidelberg, DE
Post #: 2

• Watch the (also data-centric) Python user group
  • How about R and Hadoop? There are nice packges for this available.

Artjom G.
user 88478522
Karlsruhe, DE
Post #: 1
I'd be interested in the following topics:

• Shiny
  • GoogleVis (R interface to GoogleCharts)

Friedrich S.
user 28754112
Group Organizer
Heidelberg, DE
Post #: 3
Hello Artjom,
good ideas.

I also found one article on R-bloggers.com on speeding up R code (programming topic):
http://www.noamross.n...­