Essaouira, or ‘Sauira’ as the locals call it, is a seaside town just two hours from Marrakech. Its rich history, vibrant fishing scene, bustling medina surrounded by massive stone walls and cultural mix make it the ideal location for our 5-day vision, voice and narrative workshop led by Jorge Delgado-Ureña and guest mentor Javier Corso, both of whom will guide you towards taking your photography skills to the next level.
Renown Spanish photographer, resident teacher and co-founder of Raw Photo Tours, Jorge has over 15 years of experience in photography and an innate ability for teaching. He’s been published in several local and international magazines, including National Geographic.
Javier Corso has worked as a documentary filmmaker since 2011 and is the director of the agency and producer OAK STORIES, where he works as a project coordinator and photographer. His work has been published, awarded and exhibited internationally, and is currently part of the itinerant exhibition" Creators of Conscience "which collects the work of 40 committed Spanish photojournalists. In 2018 he was nominated for the World Press Photo 6x6 Global Talent Program and his MATAGI project, received one of the National Geographic Explorer Grants, one of many projects that he is currently working.
- Individual portfolio revision: The workshop will begin with a revision of your portfolio with the aim of evaluating your level and in order to discuss your objectives, ideas and vision that will be developed during your stay in Essaouira.
- Understanding of light: The fundamentals of the different kinds of light and their quality. We’ll experiment shooting at different hours of the day in order to show you how to take advantage of light conditions regardless the time of day you decide to go out to take photographs. The choice of lighting you decide to use for your work is part of how you express yourself, it’s the ‘tone’ of your voice.
- Framing and composition: We’ll talk about the different rules and guidelines of composition, from the most classic to the most modern, and how these affect the way in which you are able to express yourself through your photography.
- Narrative: How to create a visual line in your stories and overall work whilst developing your own style. This will be one of the main objectives during the workshop and assignments will be given to each participant to develop your storytelling technique.
- Workflow: Organisation and management of your projects.
- Editing tools: How to make the most of your raw files with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Revision and constructive criticism both in group and individually.
Marrakech - Essaouira - Marrakech
10 people max.
BOOKING & MORE INFO
For more information about the itinerary, prices and to make a reservation, please visit our website: https://www.rawphototours.com/product/essaouira-vision-voice-and-narrative-workshop/
NOTE: This tour is being advertised on other media as well so the number of attendees on meetup do not necessarily reflect the actual number of people going.
Find us on: