Do you like to R.E.A.D...Read, Eat And Drink? Then this is the book club for you! We will meet on the last Thursday of each month at a location in Northern Monmouth County to discuss the book of the month, enjoy some beverages and food and just have a good time with other local ladies of all ages!
Please note this club is only for the ladies :)
Some info about us...
• We are not a serious study book group, we are a casual, informal group where our conversations are guided by our books and members! We just ask everyone to respect each other’s opinions so we all feel encouraged to have open and honest dialogue at our gatherings, and that we listen to one another as we speak :) We do sometimes use discussion questions to guide our conversation, but we promise there are no quizzes on the book!
• Our policy is to only allow new members who have a picture posted. Not only is this for security reasons, but it will also help you find us at a location, help us find you and make it easier for everyone to get to know one another!
• Events will be open for RSVPs 1-2 months prior to the event. This way, new members also have a chance to attend an event. You can check "Upcoming Events" to see our books for 2020.
• We do ask for everyone who is attending an event to please read the book. While we truly have an amazing group of participants, our events have fun, lively discussions and we do become friends with our fellow members, we are still first and foremost a book club :) We know that life can get busy, but the basis of our group is to discuss the great books that we read!
• No Show Policy: Members will be removed from the group after 1 RSVP no-show. We completely understand plans change and last minute emergencies arise, but we also want to be respectful to our fellow members. The polite thing to do is reach out if a last minute event changes your plans (even if it is after the event has happened, that is ok! We just do not want members to ignore/blow off their commitments to our group).
• We understand that life happens, but it is very difficult to successfully plan events when members continuously cancel last minute. If a member has three last minute cancellations (within 4 hours of the event), then they will be removed from our group. Dependable members are essential to the success of our group.
• We understand that life can be busy, but we have a small group so that all of our members can be active and participate. You will be removed after 6 months of no participation.
• When you attend any of our events, you are agreeing to participate in this event at your own risk, and you are agreeing to indemnify and hold the organizer harmless of all liabilities, including but not limited to physical, emotional, and mental injuries, as well as loss or damage to your personal belongings/property. Your RSVP to any event is your signed and documented release to this agreement