• 11:00am – check in, sign up for cameras, and mark what you'd like for lunch (we'll cover you for some items from the Blue Bottle cafe there)
• 11:30am – introductions, “Suggested Learning Path” for programming the RICOH THETA, online resources
• 12:00pm – break into teams, have lunch, start working with the cameras
• 3:00pm – reconvene, discuss projects, go over contest
• 4:00pm – part ways feeling good about working toward a better tomorrow
Ricoh recently announced a developers IoT contest for its THETA S 360-degree camera. The contest has $45,000 worth of prizes, and we’re organizing a way for you to work with the RICOH THETA S even if you don’t currently own one.
This is a chance to work directly with new Japanese technology. 360 degree images and videos are now supported in YouTube, Facebook, and more. This technology has uses in robotics, drones, real estate, security, and tons more.
Participants in the developers contest will have access to Ricoh’s Cloud API beta version and 3D model data of the THETA camera series, but we won't have access to the API for you at this event. You'll need to sign up for the contest separately in order to have access.
The contest submissions will be judged on the following points:
• Extensibility (can this be used in the future?)
• Ease of use and practical value
• IoT applications that integrate the THETA with the internet (sensors, web data, etc.)
• Gadgets and applications linked with the THETA