Hey everyone! Despite the rain we had a great turnout for April! Now we're gearing up for the our next event at the end of May on the 27th! The usual rules apply, but for any and all newcomers, here's my usual blurb.
1. Don't be a jerk (This is the most important rule)
2. Don't be a jerk (Seriously, poor sportsmanship will get you asked to leave)
As a side note, I have never asked anyone to leave, we have a very good group of players.
3. Provide your own equipment, there may be loaner blasters available for first timers or guests, but in general, you are responsible for providing your own equipment. This includes blasters, darts, magazines, and other various equipment.
This is important, I carry a lot of equipment, tables, my own gear, community darts etc etc. Please come prepared.
4. Bring water.
5. BRING WATER, I don't care if it's 40 degrees out, you will be running around, you will be exercising, you will get tired and you will need to stay hydrated.
6. Bring something for lunch or be prepared to run out to a local restaurant. That means, bring food or money.
7. Melee weapons may be approved for use based on game type, number of players, and the nature of the melee weapon itself. Don't count on getting to use melee if you bring it, I will let you know once I see it and have games planned out.
8. Home made blasters/darts and modified darts are not allowed. We play Superstock games. Modified blasters are fine as long as they are within roughly 130 FPS. This rule is strictly enforced. No home mades. We have a lot of younger players with access to nothing but stock load outs and they want to have fun too.
9. FOR PARENTS: We are not responsible for your children. We are not a summer camp or official organization, just a group of Nerf enthusiasts who invite anyone else to enjoy our hobby with us. This is a 5 hour event, please plan to be here if you need to be, and plan transport for children you are comfortable leaving with the group.
10. The games we play and the group is appropriate for kids ages 10+. That being said, we have adult players, teenagers, and kids between 10 and 13 that come on a regular basis. Understand that we have a very diverse age group. Older kids and adults are asked to keep their language appropriate for the youngest player, and all players are to be respected regardless of age.
11. EYE PROTECTION IS REQUIRED. If you don't have eye protection, you cannot play. No exceptions. This is part of bringing your own equipment, we do not have loaner eye protection. Nerf makes facemasks that can be purchased for $15 at the nearby target or walmart.
I may add more rules here and it gets closer.
Unless I find a better suited location (which I haven't since we started), we will be meeting at Hampden Meadows School in Barrington RI 02806 at 12pm. Please try to arrive on time. The parking lot is beside the building, and we will be playing in the field behind the building. There are some shady spots but mostly the field is in the sun, so bring a chair if you want to relax during downtime. As usual if you have any questions or concerns: You can message me here on Meetup or you can email me directly at [masked]