What we're about
The goal of Religious Recovery is to reach out to those in need of healing from religious organizations or religious individuals. For those who have been injured by religion or the religious, our program can support one's healing journey in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
As we leave an abusive situation such as an unhealthy religious organization or family, we often encounter some of the following "side effects:"
- isolation, rejection from family or spiritual home
- co-dependent relationships
- difficulty making decisions
- uncertainty and lack of confidence regarding creating one's own life
- issues with living responsibly
- lingering fear of present or eternal punishment
- lingering effects of toxic shame - I am a bad person
During our teleconference phone conversations that take place every 2-3 weeks, individuals share struggles and strengths, receive encouragement and understanding in a safe, caring environment. This phone method gives all of us a chance to connect since we live in all different areas of central Indiana. We are also open to connect with anyone individually via phone or meet up for coffee. For more information, please contact us; we look forward to hearing from you.
We do not promote or denounce any religion, and we are not a religious organization.
Those interested in Wayne's book, "Every Path Leads Home: Opening to Your Spiritual Journey," please contact us for more information.