This Meetup group is for people who discovered or recognised same-sex attraction and/or not fitting into their assigned gender at birth at bit later than most: during or after their late 20s (or 30s, 40s etc) - hence the 'late bloomers' bit. Its focus is friendship, support and community (it is NOT a dating group). Welcoming those who have gone through this life change recently (or are in the process of it) and also those who experienced it some time ago, and wish to support and connect with the newbies on the block. Allies welcome too!
Our activities will depend what members are keen for - walks, meetups at cafes, movie nights etc...?
Please note our group rules:
- All welcome
- We don't make assumptions about anyone's gender identity or sexual orientation
- However much you choose to share is ok – not pressure to discuss personal stuff.
- What is discussed in the group stays in the group
- If you see a member in the community, be sensitive to the fact that they may not be ready to let others to know where they met you
- We don't post event photos. If a member does want an event photo posted, permission will be sought from all in the photos beforehand
- Please do suggest activities and invite others to join