addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Raleigh Durham Backyard Poultry Meetup Group Message Board Chicken Classifieds › Pet roosters need a home/pot

Pet roosters need a home/pot

Vera P.
user 74535222
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
I have three really good roosters, but enough hens for only one, so I have to get rid of two and I can't bring myself to eat them.
They are brothers, six months old.
One is huge - Hungry Jack. Buff Orpinton x Dark Brahma mix. He is very sweet, I used to call him Honey Bunny until he outgrew his name. He is already a better flock protector than his daddy. Two days ago, he charged a fox, who got so startled that it ran away!! He really deserves his own flock.

The other one is a Blue Ameraucana x Dark Brahma mix. He's the playboy, all he cares about is chasing the girls, but he is very friendly, loves to take treats from my hand.

Both - especially Hungry Jack - will be wonderful pet roosters and flock protectors. I hope to find a home for them but if not, at least to have them humanely slaughtered.

Thanks!

Emory B.
user 65767682
Bladenboro, NC
Post #: 18
Hi Vera,
Wished i lived close by.I would take them both.
Emory
Chefs W.
ChefsWild
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 143
While I can only offer the pot rather than a home, I can definitely make sure the process is as gentle and humane as possible. Feel free to email me for details.
jill s.
jlssco
Apex, NC
Post #: 46
do you have pics of Hungry Jack?