addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 28
My husband and I have a desire to become more self reliant and raise our own food. We would like add broilers as well as rabbits to our livestock. We do not think that we are up to the task of processing them. Does anyone know if there is a processor to offer these services?
A former member
Post #: 23
Chaudhry Halal in Siler City will do just a few birds. They charge around $5 per bird. You have to call first and they'll tell you when they can do them. 380 Stockyard Rd, Siler City, NC 27344, (919) 742-9292. They do rabbits too.
A former member
Post #: 29
Thanks so much. We were hoping to find somebody closer to Durham. If anyone has any info, please let us know.
A former member
Post #: 59
I'm pretty sure that's the only processing plant in the whole state that will process small batches.
Mohammed A.
cybervision
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 4
There is another very close to Raleigh, A1 Custom Meats in Clayton.

A1 CUSTOM MEATS,LLC
1921 STRICKLAND ROAD
CLAYTON, NC 27520

DONNY 919-669-4659
A former member
Post #: 60
Mohammed,

I stand corrected. I had not heard of A1. Thanks for posting that. Does the "custom" designation mean that they can only process meat directly for the end consumer?

http://www.ncagr.gov/...­
Chefs W.
ChefsWild
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 144
I can informally and non commercially lend a hand, for barter.
A former member
Post #: 30
Thanks to all that replied. This is great info. We are still on the fence about making the commitment to it. It should not be this difficult.
Chefs W.
ChefsWild
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 145
It is not difficult at all. I teach butchering classes and can definitely get you started.