addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Raleigh Rock Climbing Meetup Message Board › WELLNESS ON THE WALL this Thursday!

WELLNESS ON THE WALL this Thursday!

A former member
Post #: 11
Hello fellow climbers!
This Thursday 11/1/12 -sorry for the late posting, but I just had 2 more spots open up!
"Wellness on the Wall" series is back on just in time for outdoor climbing weather! The series will include classes on: basic anatomy and physiology, biomechanics(how we move or should move), identifying/treating common injuries, specific exercises to strengthen/stabilize your body, and maximizing efficiency on the route-all from a physical therapist perspective. This won't be a specific how to climb class, but more focused on how to stay healthy and reduce your risk for (repetitive) injuries-tendonitis, muscle strains, tendon/ligament sprains, etc. Parts of it will be "hands on" using some climbing holds. You can message me privately or comment below if you are interested. The class size will be small-8 people max-so sign up quickly! The cost is $15/class. Location: Cary, NC Time:5:30pm-7:30pm. Be well, Aimee M. Ahrons, MS, PT Contact me at physioworksnc@gmail.com
A former member
Post #: 5
Thanks Aimee!! Really enjoyed your class. Looking forward to the next one :-)
A former member
Post #: 12
Thanks Dave. It was great to meet you. Hope you get to put into practice what you learned in class on real rock this weekend!

To everyone else who have missed the first 2 classes, it sounds like there is enough interest for a second round of the series starting in December. However, you can still attend the last class which is on the low back, hip, leg, and ankle on Nov. 15th.

Email me: physioworksnc@gmail.com for more information.

Be well,
Aimee