addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Raleigh Rock Climbing Meetup Message Board › Plenty of belayers

Plenty of belayers

David
TermiSkater
Group Organizer
Cary, NC
All,

Regarding Monday night's event: Good natured belayers needed!

I just wanted to let everyone who signed up to belay at this event know that as of the moment (late Saturday night) we have only 11 attendees joining us from the 30/40 Something meetup group. Since newbies need to rest between climbs, one belayer for every 2-3 climbers is appropriate. So only 4-6 experienced belayers will be needed, whereas we have 19 signed up! I really appreciate that so many of you are willing to help out - I just don't want you to end up feeling that the time taken to come to the Vertical Edge on Monday night was wasted! So, if some of you have better things to do on Monday then please feel free to change your RSVP to 'no', while others of you may want to plan on doing some climbing Monday night.

Having said that, I do hope that *all* of you won't bail on me! And - the RSVP deadline in the other meetup isn't until tomorrow night, so there's always a chance that more folks will sign up at the last minute - but I'm not holding my breath! I will post one more update by Monday morning with a final count.

Thanks again,

David