addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Las Vegas Raw Food Meetup Message Board › Raw Almonds

Raw Almonds

A former member
Post #: 1
Does anyone know where I can find raw almonds? I read that buying Almonds that are from California can be labeled raw even if they are pasteurized. So far it looks like I can only buy real raw unpasteurized almonds online from a local farmer who is supplying them but you have to buy five pounds at a time for 52 dollars (and that is plus shipping) Are there any booths at any of the farmers markets that carry unpasteurized almonds.
I appreciate any information on this.
Nadia H.
user 10087396
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 17
Hi Michelle,

Just the other day I bought raw almonds (from Italy) from Whole Foods - Fort Apache location. I found them in their bulk bins.

In the past I have also bought almonds- picked right from the tree from the UNCE orchard. I haven't been there in quite a while though so not sure if they still have them.

Online I found 16oz of almonds for 15.95 from the Raw Food World store. You can see those by clicking here.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Nadia

Nadia Harper RHN
Holistic Nutritionist and Health Advisor
http://www.Making-Hea...­
http://www.Facebook.c...­
http://twitter.com/Ch...­
http://www.linkedin.c...­
A former member
Post #: 2
Your awesome!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I really appreciate it :)
Lena M.
user 7974051
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 50
Great question Michelle!

Here is another place to find truly raw (unpasteurized) almonds...

Here is a link to Organic Italian Almonds at ~$6.50/lb!!!!

Note: there is a 2 pound minimum so it is ONLY $12.99 for 2 lbs

Happy almond eating!!! ;-)

Lena Mumma
www.RawPowerKids.com­
A former member
Post #: 3
Thank you so much for your reply Lena. I'm so happy I found this meetup group. You guys are great!!!!
Lena M.
user 7974051
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 51
FYI - From what I understand the low price deal I posted is one of their promotional limited time offers.
A former member
Post #: 155
I seem to recall seeing Raw almonds @ Trader Joes. I wasn't really looking for any at the time.
JD
JD_M
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 284
Domestic almonds are required to be pasteurized by California law.

Be careful if the almonds are NOT Organic.
"Remember if you buy US almonds that are NOT organic, they have been fumigated with PPO, which the almond board calls pasteurization. That practice is not pasteurization.

PPO is recognized world-wide as one of the most carcinogenic substances in the world. PPO is used in rocket fuel. It used to be used in racing fuel in the US but I believe it has already been outlawed as the fumes are too dangerous to human health. I know there was talk of outlawing it as a racing fuel." Meditating (user name) from a raw forum
A former member
Post #: 4
JD, it is definitely crazy what food companies think is ok when it comes to growing, processing and packaging of food. I research a lot. My husband and I have always ate healthy but i worry more now that I have a son and what is going into his developing body.
BTW, It looks like your a bodybuilder. Are you completely going raw? I want to do a figure show next year but I think I can't cut out eggs & meat if I do. Right now I'm 70-75% raw and the 30-25% is meat&eggs.
What are your thoughts on the raw lifestyle and the bodybuilding lifestyle?