addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
i am really interested in finding a way to make preparing our meals easier. honestly, i have absolutely no interest in preparing food on a regular basis and would love to find a way to afford someone to prepare beautiful raw meals for our family. i don't mind doing some but would LOVE to hire a chef and have it all prepared for us but know that the cost of that would be pretty high. we are a family of six and i am looking for creative ways to get me out of the kitchen! if anyone has any ideas please let me know. are there any chefs out there that would prepare foods for several families at a discount? or any chefs that would like to touch base with me about their pricing?
Tina
TinaPruitt
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 33
Hi there!

Linda Graziano-Zika is a chef, and may be able to assist you in your request...I believe she reached out to you today about the December recipes. Good luck!

Just some of my personal thoughts for you....Raw food doesn't always have to be fancy and difficult. Gourmet raw food is awesome, but is not sustainable on a daily basis, for a variety of reasons. Goal? To get more plant-based foods in your diet. Doesn't have to be raw gourmet, or even what is called "transition raw foods" for every meal. Keep it simple. Your taste buds will start to delight in good, whole foods.

Of course, I LOVE a good gourmet raw meal on occasion - and eat every bite! But, I would not feel vibrant and full of energy if I ate that way every day. Do the best you can, with what you have! You are gonna rock it, I'm sure!

Wow, I think I will post that on my FB page!

*live big* love big*eat green stuff*
Tina

Tina Pruitt | The Healthy Lifestylist
www.tinapruitt.com
www.facebook.com/thehealthylifestylist­
@tinapruitt

A former member
Post #: 4
i did see linda's post and called her... i am looking forward to hearing from her and exploring some options. i appreciate your post and encouragement. it really helps. i think the more i get used to it the easier it becomes. it will become like second nature at some point. do you happen to know of any place local to buy a dehydrator or will i have to order online? tons of love!
A former member
Post #: 1
I got a nice dehydrator from Craigslist........for $18.00 because I did not want to get a new one and try this thing out first...........if I like it then I could purchase a new one. It works great and it is almost brand new.

Hope this helps.........
Carole
CeciAnn
Arlington, VA
Post #: 8
I would also love to know about any resources in the Washington, D.C. area. There was a woman on Capitol Hill a few years ago who ran "Raw Meals on Wheels." You could order what you wanted online, then pick it up a few days later -- a little or a lot. I loved it. Of course simple is best. But I've been on the raw food trail for several years now and love having some help as well as the occasional treat.

The "Wheels" food was quite varied. Some was gourmet and other things were very simple.

A former member
Post #: 5
i completely forgot to check craigslist! while we are on the subject. i really do need a mandoline and also a spiral slicer just for fun. does anyone happen to recommend any or know of any that i should avoid?

i wonder if the raw meals on wheels thing is still up and running or if there is another company of the sort? it sounds wonderful. i will let you all know what i discover. so far the search has been slow but i am new to the area and i am sure now that i am getting in the loop i will begin to find out more about what is offered in the area.

thanks a ton for your responses!

:)
Tina
TinaPruitt
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 34
In the next few days I am intending on sending out a few links of raw food experts...if you go to the websites and sign up for their mailing lists, not only will you be getting good stuff in your inbox, all of them have a free gift to help you on your raw/living foods journey!

In health,
Tina