Mar 12, 2013 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
The VENUE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO CUBBERLY COMMUNITY CENTER, PALO ALTO, 6:30 PM
(now we have enough room!)
These speakers are currently confirmed for 15 minute lightning talks:
- Michael Hummel, ParStream: real-time use-cases, web analytics with live-segmentation, campaign steering
- Carl Steinbach, Hive: What to Expect in the Next Version of Apache Hive (and Hive-compatible real-time-query systems - e.g. CitusDB, Impala, Drill, Shark - TIME PERMITTING)
- Charlie Parker (via video conference), BigML: What is real-time machine learning? It can mean a lot of different things to different people. In this brief presentation, I'll talk about some of the ways we can do machine learning "in real-time" (periodic retraining, online learners, and lazy learners), and some of the questions you should answer before you try it.
- Geoff Hendrey, Vertascale: real-time ad-hoc query architectures for Hadoop and Amazon S3
- Murtaza Doctor, RichRelevance: Realtime Data Ingestion Framework at RichRelevance – Events to Insights How we solved realtime clickstream data ingestion using Kafka and our consumer architecture to load data into HBase to solve Realtime
I have rumored but unconfirmed talks from our friends at:
Vertascale will host the first meeting at Cubberly COmmunity center and provide pizza. We are in the process of lining up our speakers for this meetup. Please contact me if you want to present. For the first event, I'd like speakers to stick to a short format of 15 minutes in order to provide opportunity for numerous people to bring their topics to the floor. Stay tuned for more updates as our speaker lineup develops.