DATE: Tuesday 19 June, starts at 6.30pm
PLACE: Sky, 3 Thomas More Square, E1W 1YZ · London
ATTENDEE LIMIT: 70
• Introduction word by Mitch Goldman (Product Lead, Recommendations at Sky)
• Talk by Dr. Jian Li (Principal Data Scientist at Sky) - 'Content Discovery with Moods'
An introduction to Sky’s content discovery system which helps customers to discover movies and TV shows using queries which naturally express human mood.
• Talk by Preriit Souda (Data Science Consultant and Marketeer) - 'How to use metadata to deliver improved customised advertising experiences'.
Preriit is a Data Science Consultant and has a sophisticated social media analytics toolkit. He and his team have analyzed around 20+ TB of post-processed social media data. Preriit's core belief is to think differently and thinking unique.
• Talk by Adam Rees (Senior Research Engineer at Sky) - 'Exploring Movie Posters with Neural Networks'
Lessons learned on a novice’s first machine learning project of sorting movie posters by similarity.
• Networking, food & drinks