DATE: Wednesday 12th of September, starts at 6pm
PLACE: The Shepherds Building Central, Charecroft Way, Hammersmith, London W14 0EE
ATTENDEE LIMIT: 95
• Networking, food and drinks
• Introduction word by Gousto
• Talk by Andy Clegg (Machine Learning Engineer at Yelp) - 'Connecting businesses with their owners via Spark and XGBoost'
Andy works in the Core Machine Learning team at Yelp, building models, tools, and infrastructure to help connect users with great local businesses. This evening he will speak about his work with Yelp's Ads and Data Science groups, building a micro-personalization engine to reach owners of unclaimed businesses, which acts rather like a "reverse recommender". Andy has a PhD in natural language processing and has previously worked at companies such as Etsy, Pearson, and Last.fm.
• Talk by Gordon Blackadder (Data Scientist at ASOS.com) - 'Improving the "You might also like" feature'
Gordon is a data scientist at ASOS.com, applying machine learning for customer recommendations of clothes and fashion. During his Ph.D. in physics, he explored data analysis at the scale of the universe. In his talk, Gordon will present the recent improvements they have been making to improve their 'You might also like' feature.
• Networking & drinks
• Talk by Irene Iriarte (Data Scientist at Gousto) - 'Implementing a content-based recommendation engine leveraging graph database technology'
Irene is a data scientist at the UK's leading recipe kit company, Gousto. Since joining in 2016, she has been working on the development of algorithms, focusing on personalisation and forecasting. Before joining Gousto, she completed a PhD in computational chemistry at Imperial College London.