Bibblio Labs is proud to announce it's organizing its first RecSys NYC Meetup hosted by eBay on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
PLACE: eBay NYC, 625 6th Ave, 3rd floor
ATTENDEE LIMIT: 80
THEME: Recommender Systems
• Networking and drinks
• Talk by Adam Hajari (Senior Scientist at Pandora) & Samir Rayani (Engineer at Pandora) - 'Eightball: an open-source framework for evaluating, packaging, and deploying predictive models'
Adam Hajari joined Next Big Sound in 2012 after completing a PhD in Physics at Washington University. Adam is passionate about open source code and education and has worked on several projects to aid and improve data science and machine learning workflows.
Samir Rayani co-founded Next Big Sound in 2008 during his junior year at Northwestern University. He has spent the last 10 years building the Next Big Sound engineering team (now at Pandora) and finding creative ways to make data useful to broad audience through intuitive design and automated insights.
• Talk by Dhaval Shah (Head of Machine Learning and Big Data Engineering at Bloomberg Media) - 'News Recommendations at scale at Bloomberg Media: Challenges and Approaches'
Dhaval is a seasoned technology leader with expertise in big data, machine learning & cloud technologies. At Bloomberg Media he oversees roadmap and execution for several core platforms including their data lake, personalization engine, tagging platform, news repository and Hadoop platform.
• Break for networking, food and drinks
• Talk by Marc Jansen (Data Scientist at Gousto) - 'Data Science for Dinner: Building Gousto's Personalization (eco)System'
Marc is a data scientist at the UK's leading recipe kit company, Gousto. Since joining in early 2017, he has worked on development and production deployment of algorithms for personalization, stock management and warehouse optimization. Prior to joining Gousto, he completed a PhD in Management Science at the University of Cambridge and spent time as a visiting researcher at the MIT-SUTD International Design Centre in Singapore.
• We'll end with further drinks at nearby bar. These drinks are not included in your attendance fee.
See you there!
PS: Meetups are better with lots of people, so feel free to forward this on to colleagues or friends.
... ... ... ...
CALL FOR SPACES, SPONSORS & SPEAKERS:
• If you'd like to host this great community or get involved as dedicated sponsor or speaker, then please reach out to organizer Robbert ([masked]).