Refresh Chicago Message Board › Lead PHP Developer in New York/Chicago for Social Travel Site
|A former member||
Who we are
At gtrot.com, we’re making travel way more social. We’re laser focused on developing the simplest, most powerful platform for sharing travel plans and experiences with friends. We have a small team of big thinkers headquartered in Chicago, with roots in New York and development resources distributed across two continents. With recent financing from the co-founders of two leading travel and e-commerce companies, it’s prime time to expand our in-house development team.
About the role
We’re hiring a lead PHP developer to work closely with us in shaping, specifying, and implementing new features and experiences. As the lead developer, you can expect to:
* Play a critical role in conceptualizing and prioritizing new functionality
* Create technical specs and development roadmaps based on agile principles
* Write elegant, well-tested code and architect the underlying data infrastructure
* Manage off-shore resources and new hires as needed using a disciplined development process
This will be the most senior technical position in the company and is likely to evolve into the CTO role as the company continues to grow.
Who we’re looking for
You thrive in tight-knit teams and are energized by ambitious goals. Programming is your passion. You have an entrepreneur’s work ethic and killer technical skills, including:
* Expertise developing in a LAMP environment (experience with the Symfony framework a plus)
* Experience working with social media APIs (especially the Facebook Open Graph)
* Dedication to agile methods and experience managing a fast-paced development process
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
Send an email to zach [at] gtrot [dot] com to apply.