addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Refresh Chicago Message Board › Ideas for future meetups

Ideas for future meetups

A former member
Post #: 2
Since there isn't an official agenda for the upcoming meetup yet, I thought that I'd post a couple topics on which I'd love to hear someone speak, if not for February's meetup, then for a future one:

• Demonstrations of various web frameworks that are available, along with the pros and cons of each
  • Mobile usability - best practices in designing web sites for use on mobile devices

Derek
Jake L.
user 9193150
Chicago, IL
Post #: 4
I could talk about Django if you would be interested in that.
John K.
user 11251781
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
HTML5 and CSS3?

Love the ideas of discussing frameworks. We come from PHP and Java background, no real experience with Ruby or Python, but I'd love to hear other developers opinions on them.
A former member
The two areas I'm looking to move into are Ruby on Rails and iPhone SDK development, so if there are any of those topics coming up, count me in.
Matt H.
user 10802535
Chicago, IL
Pulled from the front page:

I'd like to see a practical look at @font-face and diversified font stacks. What's actually useful now, and what's just self-promotion, hype, or marketing? What issues, if any, could prevent widespread adoption?