Embody the Music with your dance tribe. Dance Elemental is a unique expression of ecstatic dance culture, inspired by nature-centered spiritual paths. Dance with Air - Fire - Water - Earth - Spirit. Embody your Divine Nature on a journey back to your center, with conscious dance DJ music and Sacred Space created by our very own DAKINI UMA AMITABHA
DJ - KATHERINE GLASA is a Movement Catalyst who delivers joy with elevating rhythms, weaving Ambient / Soul / R&B / Deep House / Sensual grooves / Positive Hip Hop / World Beat / Tribal... and more. Come bear witness to her amazing feel for energetic flow. She is also an Earth Honoring Minister, Somatic Healing, Breathwork and Energy Work Facilitator. Read more about Katherine's many talents, classes and offerings here: http://www.truevibrancy.com/
Monthly - First and Third Saturdays
8:00 - 11:00 pm
(doors open at 7:30 pm - newcomer orientation at 8:00 pm)
Center for Creative Living
1460 Koll Circle # C, San Jose, CA
*PARK AROUND THE BACK of the building*
$20 standard donation at the door.
* Areas set up for meditation, energy work, and community networking. Healthy snacks, tea and water are provided. All ages welcome! Young children should be supervised by parents/guardians.
* Chairs are available. Feel free to bring your own yoga mats for stretching or lying down.
* We invite volunteer Reiki healers and other energy/body workers to attend the healing area. Other volunteer opportunities are available as well. Please send us your volunteer inquiries in advance for trade possibilities.
Dance Elemental is inspired by ecstatic dance culture and nature-centered spiritual paths. Though you may have attended other ecstatic dance events, Dance Elemental is a unique expression of this form. Music is selected to take you on a journey through the four elements that leads you back to your center (spirit). This is a container created for authentic self expression through dance, meditation in motion, deep play, spiritual centering and community.
* Not to be confused with the religious variety.
There are several "stations" in our shared space to help you with being present during the dance.
1. Tea Space: Need a refresher? We have a lovely table with healthy snacks to help re-energize and 'ground' you.
2. Healing: Feeling tapped? Reiki Practitioners and experienced Body/Energy Workers from within our community are often available to offer their care to re-energize and align the participants. This can be done silently just off the dance floor, or else done in the adjacent room (old library).
3. Community Altar: This is a space for you to focus your energy and intention, or to draw inspiration from during the dance. Everyone is invited to bring something to place on or near the altar should they feel called.
4. Drumming: There are an assortment of drums/shakers available for you to play. You may borrow available instruments, or bring your own. Please attend children. The goal is to support the dancers by adding to the energy of the music. Sensitivity and awareness is key to holding the energy in the room...
Please stay attuned to cues from the DJ and/or facilitators.
5. Community networking area: This surface is set up so that we can get to know one another better. Bring your business cards and brochures, event flyers, freebies, etc. Please take a moment to look through the materials during the evening and collect anything of interest. Seek and ye shall find.
We kindly ask for no talking on the dance floor. This allows for people to go deeper into their Dance and connect with their journey through the elements. (Chat and conversation is welcome in the old library, outside, or *very* quietly just off the dance floor or tea area.)