What we're about
Clean Food: A substance that nourishes, cleanses, and fuels the body.
This is a group free of judgement, criticism, righteousness, and condescension around what people choose to put in their bodies. Whether you are Paleo, Vegan, Breatharian, Ovo-Lacto-Vegetarian; the common denominator here is eating food that is CLEAN, that is free of harmful chemicals, growth hormones, preservatives, and food dyes, you know... REAL FOOD
Rather, it is a space for people to get together who share the common interest of learning and sharing information about preparing food that is simple, healthy, and delicious; and... free of all the toxic garbage that is destroying the human race
A general idea of what some may consider to be a "healthier" diet would look something like this: If you choose to eat meat -
- Organic & Grassfed Beef
- Organic Chicken
- Wild Caught Fish (yes mercury is a concern, but farmed fish is pretty knarly)
If you choose to be a vegetarian
- Organic Tempeh
- Organic whole grains & legumes
- Organic eggs
- Organic nuts & seeds
If you choose to eat dairy:
- Organic = good
- Organic & Grassfed = better
- Organic & Grassfed & Local & Sustainable = best
If you choose to be a complete extremist/idealist/purist/health enthusiast:
- Organic Fruits & Veggies
- Lots of Sea Vegetables
- Lots of Fermented vegetables like sour kraut and kimchi
- Lots of green juices and smoothies
- Healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, olives, maybe some ghee for our dairy lovers?
- Chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, cacao, maca, raw dehydrated goodies, medicinal mushrooms, herbal tinctures, etc...