Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of New York City Message Board › Part time jobs available to RPCVs
Part-time Proctors needed, recently returned RPCV's may be a good fit
From one of our Members, Lindsay:
This is a great opportunity my former colleague wanted to share - I suggested that RPCV's are smart, dependable people who are often hungry for anything when they first get back. I put it up on the RPCV NY LinkedIn page, is there a way to share on here as well? Applicants should definitely indicate they're RPCV's and know Lindsay.
Part-Time Test Proctor
DEFINITION AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Under general direction and supervision, proctors assist the staff of A-List Education in the administration diagnostic standardized tests, typically held on weekends in and around the Tri-State area.
• At least 18 years of age
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Knowledge of basic rules of vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, and arithmetic
• Communicate effectively and courteously
• Must be punctual and reliable
• Proficient in the English language
• Follow directions accurately
• Work with people under stressful conditions in a calm and courteous manner
• Attend scheduled orientation and training sessions, if necessary
• Applicant must pass a criminal history background check
• Monitor 1 - 40 students
• Complete various forms pertinent to the examination process
• Assist in taking attendance
• Distribute, collect and accurately account for examination materials
• Observe applicants while they take the examination
Preference is given to experience as a teacher, teacher aide, teacher assistant or individuals with experience proctoring examinations.
Compensation: $15 an hour
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.