addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of New York City Message Board › Job Opportunity in NYC - Open to anyone with NCE status - Equal Opportunity

Job Opportunity in NYC - Open to anyone with NCE status - Equal Opportunity Investigator

James
user 43995132
New York, NY
Post #: 1
JOB opportunities for anyone with NCE status

Details are listed here: http://www.peacecorps...­

As an EEOC Equal Opportunity Investigator, you will investigate cases for the lead civil rights agency responsible for enforcing federal laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability and genetic information.

As an EEOC Equal Opportunity Investigator (trainee), you will join highly motivated and diverse team members dedicated to the Commission’s mission.

Interviews members of the public who contact EEOC because they believe they have been discriminated against in the workplace. Provides assistance to them in understanding the laws enforced and their rights in filing a charge of discrimination. Helps them to file a charge of employment discrimination under federal statutes enforced by the Commission and maintains contact with them during the course of processing their charge.
Drafts written investigative plans identifying bases and issues involved in the charge, the applicable theories of law, and the scope of the investigation.
Obtains documentary and testimonial evidence such as applications and payroll documents that are relevant to issues under investigation.
Conducts on-site investigations of employers’ facilities, including reviewing their records and interviewing individuals.
Interviews witnesses and creates a record of their statements.
Investigates simple cases to determine if employment discrimination has occurred. These would involve cases with limited issues and which fall under well-established legal precedents.
Drafts written reports of investigative findings citing specific testimonial and/or documentary evidence, applicable case law, policies and precedents relied upon in support of finding.
Participates in settlement negotiations.
Responds to routine correspondence and inquiries.
Effectively manages a case load.
Qualifications
B.A./B.S. degree with either a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) based on a 4.0 scale; a 3.5 GPA (4.0 scale) for required courses completed in your major field of study during your junior and senior years at a 4-year college or university; class standing of upper third of your graduating class in the college or university, or a major subdivision of the college or university; or membership in a National Scholastic Honor Society certified by the Association of College Honor Societies, excluding freshman honor societies.
OR

One full year of graduate level education in an accredited or pre-accredited college or university. The education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work.
OR

One year of specialized experience at the GS-5 (or equivalent) grade level working in areas requiring that you determine facts, analyze issues, and interview witnesses, such as investigating employment discrimination or other kinds of charges/complaints, labor relations, human resources or law enforcement.
Individuals bilingual in American Sign Language, Haitian Creole, Korean, Spanish or Vietnamese are also encouraged to apply. Note requested languages by location below.

American Sign Language: Phoenix, Arizona and Oakland, California.
Haitan Creole: Miami, Florida.
Korean: Atlanta, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina.
Spanish: Baltimore, Maryland; Birmingham, Alabama; Chicago, Illinois; Dallas, El Paso and San Antonio,Texas; Fresno, Los Angeles and San Francisco, California; Jackson, Mississippi; Las Vegas, Nevada; Nashville, Tennessee; New Orleans, Louisiana; Phoenix, Arizona; Richmond, Virginia; and, Washington, DC.
Vietnamese: Atlanta, Georgia.
Additional Information
NCE; Entry level

Salary
$34,319 to $44,615 per year (adjusted to reflect locality payment)

Application Instructions
Send your résumé, cover letter and college transcript(s) to Debra.Wilson-Sumbry@eeoc.gov with the subject line of "Peace Corps Volunteer Employment Consideration" or “VISTA Volunteer Employment Consideration” Résumés must be received via e-mail by midnight Tuesday, March 04, 2014.

You must include the following text, as appropriate, in your cover letter:

I am interested in employment at (state name of preferred office(s); i.e., “Washington, DC office.” If interested in multiple offices, list office locations in order of your preference. Your resumé, cover letter and college transcript(s) will be submitted to the designated EEOC contact for the offices(s) in which you are interested.

I closed my Peace Corps/VISTA service on mm/dd/yyyy. Since that date was less than one year ago, I have noncompetitive eligibility.

-OR-

I closed my Peace Corps/VISTA service on mm/dd/yyyy. However, I am/was enrolled in a full-time graduate program at [university name] from mm/dd/yyyy until mm/dd/yyyy. I therefore have X months of noncompetitive eligibility left.

-OR-

I closed my Peace Corps/VISTA service on mm/dd/yyyy. However, I am/was a member of the U.S. military from mm/dd/yyyy until mm/dd/yyyy. I therefore have X months of noncompetitive eligibility left.

-OR-

I am/was a Peace Corps/VISTA civil service employee. I entered on duty on mm/dd/yyyy, and separated from the Peace Corps on mm/dd/yyyy. I therefore have X months of noncompetitive eligibility left.

Note: This is an invitation to submit a resume only if you have existing noncompetitive eligibility. It is not a guarantee of employment.