Location visible to members
Several members expressed interest in functional programming. So, here we go, the first meetup of a study group to discover/learn more/get better at FP.
We will follow the book Functional Programming in Scala (http://www.manning.com/bjarnason/) from Paul Chiusano and Rúnar Bjarnason which is a great book that focuses on exercises.
Before the meetup
- Get a (legal, they deserve it!) copy of the book.
- Add the source code (https://github.com/fpinscala/fpinscala)to your preferred development environment.
- Read the chapter 1 and 2 (they are mainly introductory chapters). Skip the exercises if you want.
- Create an account on Stypi (http://code.stypi.com).
- Bring your questions, and your laptop!
During the meetup
- We will do the exercises and discuss the solutions and the content of the chapters. You can choose to work alone or in pair.
- Be open and helpful.
- Have fun!
The format of this kick-off meetup will certainly be refined in the next sessions. Please don't hesitate to give feedback and ways to improve it. Also, all the levels are welcome and help from FP gurus will be appreciated.
Please note that this meetup will be hosted by Accso in Darmstadt.