FLUORESCENT ORANGE REQUIREMENTS: THIS HAS CHANGED SO READ CAREFULLY
Fluorescent orange safety clothing is required during the hunting season statewide for all hunters. To meet this requirement, safety clothing must be solid daylight fluorescent orange. Fluorescent camouflage does not meet this requirement. The hunter orange must be worn above the waist and be visible in all directions. Examples are: a hat that covers 200 square inches or combination of hat and vest covering 500 square inches.
1. . 200sq. in. by small game hunters during the small game season.
2. . 200sq. in. by fall turkey hunters while traveling.
3. . 200sq. in. by muzzleloader hunters during the muzzle-loading deer season.
4. . 200sq. in. by archers when traveling to/from stands during the muzzleloader deer season only.
5. . 500sq. in. by all hunters (including archers) and all users of management areas and undeveloped state parks during all portions of shotgun deer seasons.
6. . Hunters using Pop-up blinds during the firearm deer season must display 200 square inches of fluorescent orange visible on the outside of the blind from all directions. Hunters must also wear orange in accordance with the rules for the specific seasons while in the blind.
Exemptions: Specifically, waterfowl hunters while hunting from a boat or a blind, over water or field, when done in conjunction with decoys; crow hunting over decoys, spring turkey hunters, first segment dove hunters, not required in areas limited to Archery by regulation..
ALL OTHER USERS:
In addition to the above hunter requirements, all other users (hikers, bicyclists, horseback riders, etc.) of State Management areas are required to wear 200 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange from the second Saturday in September to the last day of February and the third Saturday in April to the last day in May, annually.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Choosing hiking boots||October 6, 2013 4:04 PM||Tony C.|
|The Rhode Island Hunting Season 2013 -2014||August 21, 2013 12:59 PM||Tony C.|
|Windchill and Frostbite Times Chart||February 6, 2013 2:46 PM||Tony C.|
|Winter Hiking Gear list ( Mountains )||February 3, 2013 1:12 PM||Tony C.|
|REI'S LAYERING BASICS||December 9, 2012 10:44 PM||Tony C.|
|Hiking Ten Essentials plus Four||December 9, 2012 10:19 PM||Tony C.|
|The Basics of Pack Loading||December 1, 2012 11:04 PM||Tony C.|
|Boot Fitting Guide||December 1, 2012 9:22 PM||Tony C.|
|Hiker Responsibility Code||October 22, 2012 5:40 PM||Tony C.|
|Hiker's Responsibility from Hike Safe (HYDRATION)||December 10, 2012 4:33 PM||Tony C.|
|New DEM Regs for hunting season(s)||October 21, 2012 9:19 AM||Tony C.|
|About the Rhode Island Hiking Club||October 21, 2012 9:15 AM||Tony C.|