If you're looking to sleep better, reduce stress or pain and engage with life more fully, you've found the right group! We'll practice Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction techniques together and learn how to take mindfulness into your daily life from the habits we keep, to the thoughts we have and the relationships we build. We hold our meetups at the Plant Alchemy studio. Meetups, classes and courses take a therapeutic mindfulness approach and focus on relaxation, restoration and vitality. Set on a one acre property in Oak Ridges, Richmond Hill, Plant Alchemy Studio provides a rural retreat in an urban setting.
Are you looking for relief, peace and equanimity? This workshop is designed for you!
Indigenous cultures have long recognized the need for women to rest and be cared for each month. BUT, our Western world model demands we multi-task & fulfill many roles - even through the toughest of days - with intense pain, lethargy and emotional waves.
Mother Earth has provided a remedy - Cannabis - and you're going to learn how to harness her loving power with healing herbs and oils.
What You'll Learn:
1) The basics of Cannabis - an overview of the active ingredients in the plant, the difference between THC & CBD, the entourage effect and more
2) Cannabis decarboxylation and an overview of how to infuse oils
3) How our bodies process and digest cannabis through different consumption methods
4) Harm reduction tips and contraindications
What We'll Do:
We'll take you through the process of preparing 2 home-made body products with pre-infused oils;
- Lotion Love Bars
- Enriched Spa Relaxation Scrub
10% of every workshop fee will be donated to CAMFED - Campaign for Female Education