addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube
Meetup stands with the Black community. We must come together to end racial injustice. Learn how to get involved on Meetup.
A former member
Post #: 2
I have never read a book of this style before and it is extremely different. I can't say that I like it but I can't say that I don't. The author has captivated me by the dynamic characters and plot. However, it is hard for me to follow a lot of of what is going on because I am not familiar with the lifestyle, nor the events, that take place. Therefore, I feel like I am actually learning about a completely different culture and era, which is a good thing!
A former member
Post #: 12
Amy, I just finished the book and I'm still not sure what to make of it. I also found the characters hard to relate to, but they were interesting. I can't wait to hear other people's opinions on this book - maybe by the time we have the meeting I'll be able to decide whether I liked it or not. :)
A former member
Post #: 6
I have read other books by crews and I am split on this one. Not sure how I feel about the twist at the end.
A former member
Post #: 7
I'm about half way through the book- I'm sad to say that I haven't found it that difficult to relate to. Of course, the characters are exagerrated- but having experienced small town life in the South first hand I know where the author is coming from. People who are bored, have had minimal life experiences, and not much education seem to find the oddest things to fill up their time.....
A former member
Post #: 7
That is exactly what I was trying to tell Beth. I have uploaded Cliff note like pdf that has some insight to the book. Please take a look if possible.

Feast of Snakes Cliff Notes
A former member
Post #: 9
I am finished with the book if anyone wants to borrow it.
Just email me.