Mark DiLallo will demystify Color Management! In this Workshop, he will describe simple and concise best practices for a highly effective end-to-end color management workflow. He uses extensive graphics to help you visualize key concepts. You will gain the strong foundation you need to correctly calibrate your equipment, evaluate your software, and make good color setting choices for your workflow.
As a thank you for signing up, Mark will also be giving you a copy of his Practical Color Management eBook, so that you will be able to refer back to the concepts and tips he covers whenever needed!
Both the lecture and Mark’s included 70 page eBook) cover three main areas:
• White Balance Color Correction
• Five Key Color Management Concepts
• Five Groups of Settings Critical to Success
You will learn how to:
• Setup your own customized Color Managed Workflow
• Perform Everyday Tasks while maintaining faithful, consistent Colors
• Troubleshoot and eliminate any gross errors that may be totally corrupting the look of our monitor or printer output
• Maximize the color range, nuanced quality and consistency throughout your workflow—from your camera, to your monitors, to print & web
• Optimize your print success rate—saving time, cost, and frustration
• Realize the full capabilities of your equipment, software, and images now…and prepare for the full potential of new technologies in the future
You will acquire a sound understanding of:
• White Balance and Color Temperature
• Color Models/Spaces/Profiles/Gamuts
• sRGB, AdobeRGB, ProPhotoRGB, and ICC Printer and Monitor Profiles
• Color Space Conversion (Rendering Intent)
• Monitor, Printer, and ColorChecker Camera Calibration
• Soft Proofing and Gamut Warnings
• How Paper choices effect Results
• Color in Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and Mac OS
• Setup examples in Photoshop, Lightroom, Capture NX, Web Browsers, Photomatix, Panorama Pro, and more will prepare you to interpret and set up color for just about any application or device
This comprehensive four hour workshop will have several breaks and Q&A opportunities.
The eBook is pdf file and looks great on a PC, Laptop, and iPad. Prior to the class you will receive an email with a link that enables you to download the file via a right-click, save-as method.
About the Instructor/Author:
Mark P. DiLallo of Sterling VA is an avid Nature Photographer, husband, and father of two. His photo travels have taken him to Africa, Alaska, Hawaii, Florida, Colorado, and the Desert Southwest. He shoots extensively in Northern Virginia Parks. He leads a comprehensive series of workshops on nature photography. His images have been published in Loudoun, Money, and Nature’s Best Magazines. You can check out his work at www.markdilallo.com (http://www.markdilallo.com/)