Every Tuesday night our Special Interest Group (SIG) focuses on fun & interesting Ham Radio DIY projects.
We are meeting at Robot Garden makerspace and have (supervised) access to their fabrication tools for our ham projects - 3D printers, laser cutter, CNC mills, electronics test equipment, wood shop and metal shop tools, and more.
Over the past couple of years we have worked on a variety of projects:
- Earth-Moon-Earth (EME) communications using signal bounces
- home made directional antenna
- custom reflow soldering oven build
- mesh network rollout for Tri-Valley
- weather balloon launch using APRS for tracking
Many attendees are members of the local Livermore Amateur Radio Klub (LARK). But, you don't have to be a member to attend these weekly Meetups.
We are open to a wide range of activities and projects. You're welcome to come learn with us. Just show up with your ideas and your enthusiasm!
LARK - http://www.livermoreark.org
Robot Garden - http://www.robotgarden.org