Measures for Justice shows several ways they are using Kotlin (a JVM language developed byJetbrains) and Kotlin-based libraries in production. Prior knowledge of the basics of Kotlin ishelpful but not necessary. (Start here: https://kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/basic-syntax.html)
1. Kotlin - A brief introduction to the language. We will cover enough of the structure andsyntax that hopefully everybody will be able to follow along for the rest of the evening.
2. Web Services - Comparison of the leading Kotlin-based web frameworks - Ktor andJavalin
3. Desktop GUIs - TornadoFX, a JavaFX framework for Kotlin that uses type-safe buildersto make building views easy and readable.
4. Coroutines - Asynchronous programming without expensive threads and context switches.
5. Expr and Textricator - A demo of two projects that MFJ has open-sourced. https://github.com/measuresforjustice/exprb.https://github.com/measuresforjustice/textricator
6. Quiz - prizes for guessing what presented code snippets will do.