Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), developed by University of Massachusetts Medical School, is the most widely researched and replicated stress reduction program in the world. Tens of thousands of participants have significantly improved their quality of life by applying MBSR to a variety of chronic conditions and stressors.
Published research confirms that stress reduction programs:
• Decrease physical and psychological symptoms related to chronic pain, headaches, sleep disturbances, fatigue, high blood pressure, asthma, anxiety and panic attacks.
• Increase the ability to cope more effectively with life stressors, gain greater energy and enthusiasm for life, and better able to maintain permanent lifestyle changes.
This group is open to everyone.
• Practice new stress reduction techniques
• Explore the basic science behind stress on health and wellbeing
• Get information about upcoming MBSR programs
• Meet others!
Contrary to popular belief, MBSR is not about alleviating stress, an impossible task in the modern world, but rather, how to work with it more skillfully and effectively - in other words, harnessing stressors as the very source for healing. As Jon Kabat-Zinn, its founder, noted, wherever you go, there you are!
As an MBSR practitioner, it has been enriching in more ways than could have possibly been imagined with the many participants I’ve worked with over the years. It is deeply gratifying and inspirational to witness how this powerful, non-medical approach for health and wellbeing works for everyone at every age.
All Meetup fees will be applied toward MBSR programs if you sign up.