This meetup's purpose is to bring together like-minded outdoor lovers in the Rochester area. Sure, there are outdoor groups in the Twin Cities but wouldn't it be nice to have a local group to get together with to share interests such as hiking, biking, snowsports, camping, blading, amusement parks, zoos...you get the idea.
This group is run by YOU! You, the members, have the ability to organize any event you feel is appropriate.
Events may or may not be child friendly. You are welcome to bring your children if the event seems appropriate. Please keep in mind that the group may not pace itself for children's needs. Pets are also welcome where appropriate. Olmsted Co parks have restrictions on most hiking trails. Minnesota state parks allow pets but they must be leashed and controlled. Some hiking trails are not well suited for pets due to their narrow nature so please think about that before bringing a pet. Please consult with the event runner as they have the final say.
Lastly, a few organizer tidbits worth mentioning:
• If you are a "no show" for 2 meetups over the course of a calendar year, you are subject to removal from the group. Removal would be without notice. Please be kind to the event runner and give 24 hours notice so they have an accurate headcount.
• Please only respond YES if you intend to attend. You do not need to respond with a NO unless you change your plans. Update your attendance at a meetup by changing your RSVP. If you are not sure about an event, please comment that you are a "maybe."
• If you are inactive for 3-6 months, you are subject to removal from the group. Meetup.com defines "inactive" as not visiting the meetup.com website. To ensure active status, simply visit meetup.com and the timer the organizers see is reset. If you are removed, you can always rejoin. Winter inactivity (November-March time frame) will be considered by the organizers.
• In order to keep the group membership to active members, please review the inactivity bullet.
• Meetup.com charges approximately $180/yr for this group to exist. This cost is absorbed by the group organizer. While membership in the group is without cost, please consider donating to keep the group going. Meetup.com charges if you use the "chip in" button on the main group page...so an in-person donation to the group organizer would be best.