addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 8
Does anyone know if the public libraries carry any D& D or RPG game books. Wanted to try before we buy since the kids are young and may not like it.
-k
Dan H.
user 7738990
Rochester, NY
Post #: 138
I don't know for sure, but I think it's unlikely. There's plenty of online information to run games, though.
I think this site probably contains enough information to run a few sample Pathfinder games, for example:

http://www.d20pfsrd.c...­
A former member
Post #: 9
Thanks, I will check it out!
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 50
When I was a teenager they used to have all the 1st addition ADnD books on the shelves, but they were nearly destroyed because they were so overused. Because of that I don't think they have them anymore, but you can check here:

Actually while looking up the link I found out they do have them, check out this link: http://catalogplus.li...­[]&facetFilters=[]

&facetFilters=[]]library roleplaying games
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 51
By the way, the book you will probably want to check out that is the classical continuation of DnD is called Pathfinder, and the Pathfinder core rulebook is everything you need to get started. Although it is a big book at over 500 pages, but don't be intimidated you only need to read a portion of it to play.