This talk shows how the recently released (http://blog.bitovi.com/donejs-release/) DoneJS (http://donejs.com/) framework makes it easy to build fast single page applications that are:
• server side rendered (http://donejs.com/Features.html#section=section_Server_SideRendered)
• progressively loaded (http://donejs.com/Features.html#section=section_ProgressiveLoading)
• use content delivery networks (http://donejs.com/Features.html#section=section_DeploytoaCDN)
We will discover how DoneJS solves these problems while building a simple real-time (http://donejs.com/Features.html#section=section_RealTimeConnected) chat application. As a bonus, I will show how to build the chat application to a mobile and desktop application (http://donejs.com/Features.html#section=section_iOS_Android_andDesktopBuilds) so all three versions of the app can chat together. If we have time, I might even turn on worker thread rendering (http://donejs.com/Features.html#section=section_WorkerThreadRendering).
As always, people of all backgrounds and interest levels are welcome!
• Shelter provided by Lyons Consulting Group (http://www.lyonscg.com/)
• Food provided by QuietLight Communications (http://quietlightcom.com/) and Nova Web Design (http://www.novawebdesign.com/)