addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Central Maryland Rock and Mineral Collectors Exchange Message Board General Info for the Central Maryland Rock and Mineral Collectors Exchange › Fossil Hunting at the Matoaka Beach Cabins

Fossil Hunting at the Matoaka Beach Cabins

Michael Shongo S.
user 6346438
Dundalk, MD
Post #: 3
I am very interested in the fossils. You can contact me here or my cell number.443-965-7006 thank you
Michael Shongo S.
user 6346438
Dundalk, MD
Post #: 4
Wed love to go.Sunday is best for us.
joe b
user 8846242
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 8
Wed love to go.Sunday is best for us.

Michael:

Yes, Sunday is also fine for me. The long-range forecast calls for clear weather. You will need a shovel or spade, bucket, small pick or geology hammer, fine-mesh screen, and sunscreen. You can contact me by email or cell phone for additional details. We can also discuss the details of this trip at the Rock & Mineral Exchange club meeting this Thursday. Transportation arrangement will depend on the number of club members who want to take this trip. I will be taking trips to this location more frequently to replace my fossil collection confiscated by a club member.

Thanks!

Joe
joe b
user 8846242
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 9
Love it!

Tell me the time & date and I'm there!

Catherine

Catherine:

The next trip to the Matoaka Cabins for fossils collecting is next Sunday, 05-23-2010. We will meet there around 12:00 AM noon.

Thanks!

Joe
Catherine D.
user 10123956
Forest Hill, MD
Sunday, May 23rd around noon is good for us.

Catherine
A former member
I hope to be there Sunday, Where in the area would you like to meet?
David Schoeberlein
joe b
user 8846242
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 10
I hope to be there Sunday, Where in the area would you like to meet?
David Schoeberlein

David:

Outside of the office at the Matoaka Cabins around 11:30 - 12:00 noon this Sunday. The cabins are located at 4510 Matoaka Lane in St. Leonard, Maryland. Call me on my cell phone (410-215-3115) if you have any problems.

Thanks!

Joe
A former member
Post #: 4
The Forecast shows rain (40%)...I have rain gear and don't mind hunting in the rain but is this a rain or shine hunt for you?
David Schoeberlein
joe b
user 8846242
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 11
The Forecast shows rain (40%)...I have rain gear and don't mind hunting in the rain but is this a rain or shine hunt for you?
David Schoeberlein

David:

Yes, the Cabins are open rain or shine. When I looked at the 7-day forecast rain was not expected this Sunday. Right now, there is a 30 - 40% chance of rain Sunday. I will still go, rain or shine. Also, I forgot to mention that there is a $4.00 fee/person per day at the Cabins.

Thanks!

Joe