Come enjoy a sultry, early evening concert overlooking our beautiful Hudson River on the west lawn at the historical Lyndhurst Castle with Camila Meza! For a little "history tour" go to: http://lyndhurst.org/about/history/
Check out Camila Meza at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dscOCI0S91g
All are welcome, not for singles only. LOOK FOR MEETUP SIGN.
Concert is from 6:00 pm - approx. 7:30. $5 per person parking. Come early for a SHORT RIVER and Grounds WALK at 5pm to be followed by a picnic dinner. Grounds open at 4. Walk is on grass and paved path with a moderate incline.
Purchase or bring your own picnic dinner(keep in cooler) and something to share. Vendors will be available.
DON'T FORGET TO BRING A LOW PROFILE LAWN CHAIR, COOLER, Beach Umbrella, Blanket, BUGSPRAY, SUN PROTECTION, FLASHLIGHT, WATER ETC. Wear comfortable walking shoes, sneakers or sandals.
Always check the day of an event for any changes. For more info call[masked]
For map of grounds go to: http://lyndhurst.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/LyndhurstMap.pdf
Lyndhurst is located at 635 South Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591, 1/2 mile south of the Tappan Zee bridge on Rt. 9. Lyndhurst is approximately 24 miles north of Midtown Manhattan.
From 287West (from East Westchester/Connecticut):
• Take 287 west/87 North to the last exit before the TZ Bridge, exit 9 off of the NY State Thrwy, marked Rt 9 Tarrytown. Take a left onto 119 at the 1st stoplight and a left (south) onto Route 9 at the 2nd stoplight. The Lyndhurst gates are ½ mile on the right hand (river) side of the road.
From Eastbound 287 (from Rockland/NJ):
• Take 287 east across the TZ Bridge. Immediately after the tollbooth, take the first exit, Exit 9. Turn left (south) onto Rte 9 and proceed ½ mile to the Lyndhurst gates on the right hand (river) side of the road.
From New York City’s East Side:
• Drive north on the East River Drive, across the Willis Avenue Bridge onto the Major Deegan Expressway North. Follow the Deegan to the NY State Thruway (I-87) to Westbound 287 (Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
From New York City’s West Side:
• Drive North on the West Side Highway to the Henry Hudson north to the Saw Mill Parkway north to the NY State Thruway (I-87) North to 287 West (Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
• Take either I-95, I-684, or the Merritt Parkway south to 287 West (to the Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
From Long Island:
• The Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridge to the new England Thruway (I-95). Take Exit 21 onto 287 west (to the Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
• The Triboro Bridge to the Major Deegan north and the NY State Thruway (I-87) to 287 West (to the Tappan Zee Bridge). Follow westbound 287 directions above.
From Grand Central Terminal in New York City:
• Take the Metro North – Hudson Line (http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm) north to Tarrytown.
Taxis are available at the train station.
Metro-North Getaway Fares
Lyndhurst is easily accessible from Grand Central Terminal and is the closest Hudson Valley mansion to New York City. Metro-North offers discounted admission to Lyndhurst when purchased together with a Metro-North train ticket. Tickets can be purchased to the Tarrytown station or the Irvington Station. At the Tarrytown station, taxi cabs are regularly available in the parking lot directly across the street from the train station.
Alternatively, walkers or bikers may purchase tickets to the Irvington station and walk up Main Street, taking a left onto the Old Croton Acqueduct in the High School parking lot and continue for ten minutes until reaching Lyndhurst. For more information and to purchase a joint train fare/admission ticket, please click here (http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/getaways/outbound_lyndhurst.htm).