Back for 2019, the AntiEpic Gravel Grinder is the first Colorado Triple Crown event of 2019. The course is a gritty 200-mile mixed terrain course from Monument to Deer Trail and back with tons of anti-epic scenery. 90% gravel.
For 2019, we are only offering a long-course (i.e., 200 mile) event. Short course riders from previous years: time to get out your "big boy britches!"
Distance: 201 miles
Climbing: 11,000 feet
Tortoises: Check-in: 2:45 AM, Start: 3:00 AM
Hares: Check-in: 3:15 AM, Start: 4:00 AM
If you expect to finish > 16 hours, start with the Tortoises!
Time limit: 21 hours (total elapsed time)
To sign up for this ride, simply click to attend this Meet-Up. Bring your $25 registration fee to the ride start. Pretty simple, huh? Note: No $25 = No ride = No results! You have plenty of time to decide if you're going to attempt this ride. Registration closes April 26, 2019, 12 noon.
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO PARTICIPATE. IF YOU DECIDE TO WITHDRAW FROM THE EVENT PRIOR TO START, YOU MUST LET US KNOW PRIOR TO THE START OF THE RIDE OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN OTHER COLORADO TRIPLE CROWN EVENTS FOR 2019.
Rocky Mountain Cycling Club (RMCC) membership is REQUIRED to participate in this Meet-Up. If you are not a club member, please sign up for RMCC membership!
1) Volunteers: Chris Baker, Kieran Johnson, Corinne Warren, Dustin Harding.
2) Riders should prepare 2 drop bags for this ride. These can be stored in the support vehicles. There will be more details regarding this during the week prior to the event.
3) Please pay attention to the Triple Crown blog for course changes. We may have to alter the course at the last-minute due to the large road construction project along I-25.
4) Recommended tire size: 32 mm - 45 mm
5) If this event is canceled due to bad weather, riders can pick any day during 2019 to ride the course without support for Colorado Triple Crown credit. Just let me know what day you plan to ride. Garmin/RWGPS/Strava data required to verify completion.