The Tim Kalisch Memorial Grand Loop is the fourth Colorado Triple Crown event of 2019. This classic Colorado loop includes the incredible climb up Trail Ridge Road into the heart of Rocky Mountain National Park and the spectacular Berthoud Pass.
Distance: 198 miles
Climbing: 16,000 feet
Tortoises: Check-in: 2:00 AM, Start: 2:30 AM
Hares: Check-in: 2:15 AM, Start: 3:00 AM
If you expect to finish > 16 hours, start with the Tortoises!
Time limit: 18 hours (total elapsed time)
We do have a qualification standard. If you are not pre-qualified for this ride (http://coloradotriplecrown.blogspot.com/2011/12/registration.htm) you must ride with a dedicated support vehicle until you do qualify for the series.
To sign up for this ride, simply click to attend this Meet-Up. THIS RIDE IS CAPPED AT 24 RIDERS! FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.
Bring your $25 registration fee to the ride start. Pretty simple, huh? Note: No $25 = No ride = No results! You have plenty of time to decide if you're going to attempt this ride. Registration closes July 3, 2019, 12 noon.
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO PARTICIPATE. IF YOU DECIDE TO WITHDRAW FROM THE EVENT, YOU MUST LET US KNOW PRIOR TO THE START OF THE RIDE OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN OTHER COLORADO TRIPLE CROWN EVENTS FOR 2019.
Rocky Mountain Cycling Club (RMCC) membership is REQUIRED to participate in this Meet-Up. If you are not a club member, please sign up for RMCC membership!
1) Volunteers: Oksana Kovalenko, Jonathan Fey, Kori Beyer
2) This event is capped at 24 riders!!! First come, first serve! Register early!
3) Riders should prepare ONE drop bag for this ride. This will be stored in the support vehicle. There will be more details regarding drop bags during the week prior to the event.
4) Please bring your national parks pass or $10 to enter Rocky Mountain National Park. Your entry fee does NOT cover entry into the park.
5) If this event is canceled due to bad weather, riders can pick any day during 2019 to ride the course without support for Colorado Triple Crown credit. Just let me know what day you plan to ride. Garmin/RWGPS/Strava data required to verify completion.