For the June meetup we'll be doing our first annual Used Gear Swap (Buy, Sell, Trade) in the front from of Madelife. Performer will be our venue host Justin Kane Forthuber (aka JL Kane)!
DOORS AT 7 PM:
Doors are at 7pm for this event. Remember madelife is a business and we don't want to disrupt them during business hours - so please DON'T arrive earlier. The agenda accounts for setup after 7pm so there will be plenty of time.
- 7:00 PM Doors open - Arrive, grab a name tag, and if you are selling gear, bring your stuff in and setup.
- 7:30 PM Meetup Announcements
- 7:45-9:00 PM Gear Swap and mingle
- 9:00-9:30 PM Performance by JL Kane
- 9:30-10:00 PM Gear swap winds down and we are out by 10:00 PM
TIPS FOR EVERYONE:
- Everyone should bring headphones in case you want to check out some gear.
- It's up to the buyers & sellers to sort out transactions for gear. If you want to transact with with something other than cash (which I personally think is a good idea) you might want to have some app setup and ready to go for that before the event so your not say fumbling around trying to remember your PayPal password at the event.
TIPS FOR SELLERS:
- Keep your items synth or audio related. Things like mics, stands, cases, cables, hardware effects are welcome in addition to synths.
- If you are selling something that needs power I recommend you bring an extension cord and power strip.
- The gear swap will be in the front room which is quite large and has tables (see pic https://www.meetup.com/Rocky-Mountain-Synth/photos/28266233/466886330/). If you are concerned about table space, you may want to throw a folding table in your car as a backup.
JL Kane - DJ and Producer. Drummer and Collector of sounds. Knower of Musical History
Justin Kane Forthuber, also known as musical beat creator, JL Kane grew up in Tampa, Florida in a music loving home.
Justin currently lives in Boulder, CO as a music educator, audio engineer and musician. J's weapons of choice are the Akai MPC, a dusty drum kit and any synthesizer he can get his hands on.