Thank you for stopping by and checking out my meet up group.
I took over this meet up less than a year ago and I am proud to say that this group has become a safe haven where Artist from all background’s come together to network and collaborate with like-minded people without any hidden agenda.
The main objective of this group is to host events each week, where photographers, models, hair/make-up artists, digital artists, life/figure painters, body painters, and mixed media artists come together under one roof; benefit from the event and use the experience to progress in their respective career.
Currently I am looking for:
* Models who are interested in joining group shoots. I am looking for models for both TFP and paid event. From TFP shoots model will walk away with over 100 FREE pictures to add to their port. To be considered for paid events either the model has joined us before or has experience plus a look that we can use for upcoming event.
* Models who are starting out and can not afford to pay high cost of building a port. I have plenty of opportunities for you to create a port for little to no cost. I have multiple locations available for us to choose from.
* Photographers who can not afford the high cost of hiring models, MUA, HUMA, Designer, Wardrobe, Studio, Lights to build and expand their portfolio. Join one of our upcoming events where you simply come and everything is ready and set up for you. For photographers starting out or need guidance I am more than happy to help.
* Looking for photographers, models, hair/make-up artists, digital artists, life/figure painters, body painters, and mixed media artists who are interested in putting collaborative events together that we can all benefit from.
**** Plenty of references are available from artist who have already joined past events and would be happy to share their experiences. I encourage models to stop by and see a live event before joining to get an idea.
* You are welcome to join even if you are just starting out with your artistic pursuits, or you are an intermediate, advanced or professional creative.
* For those who have great leadership skills, you are invited to co-host or host another artistic activity / event.
* I post Free Events that are happening around town, which I believe are good for individual to attend to gain experience. If you have an event that you think would be beneficial to anyone please message me the event details. Kindly do so two weeks in advance so it is on the calendar ahead of time.
* I have two studios available in DTLB that can be rented for nominal cost by members only and for members who can not afford a place depending on schedule I can make it available to you for FREE. It is located in across the Long Beach City Hall and Long Beach Police Head Quarter and minutes from the Blue Line.
I welcome you all to collaborate and create wonderful amazing works of art for everyone to see, critique or share. If you have an idea, I am happy to hear to see what we can do together. You can message me here on meet up site or contact me on any of my information below.
NO stalking or other soap-opera drama is tolerated! This is a friendly group to network and not a single's meet up. Complaints against members causing drama or harassing members will result in removal from the group and I will share your info with everyone in my network.
P. S. Kindly only join this group is you are looking to build your port or network professionally.
Thank you for joining. Welcome to this amazing group of artistic and creative collaborators.
In mid 2000's upon leaving my position as Banker, I went on a back packing trip. During my trip I captured some pictures that were purchased / published by two major publications. I continued to take pictures during my travels and kept sharing them on social media sites. I received so much phrase and comments that it inspired me to get involved in photography.
Biggest Obstacle I faced was getting hired and making money from this newly discovered. Sad truth is the monopoly and junk in this business, as in any other field.
Taking matters into my own hands for almost 2 straight years, I did work for multiple publications for either Free, next to nothing or at times on my own cost.
My strategy / focus was simple. I wanted to get my name out and get published anywhere and everywhere, by showcasing my work and build my book of business even if it meant that I would not get full credit for my work. Little over a year of working for Free paid off and I landed jobs as back up photographer for several publications. From that point I have continued to push my way to bigger and better things.
Today I own my own photography, modeling and media company along with several other venture I am working on. If someone like me, who never went to school for photography and never had any training can make it, so can you.
Unlike others photographer who have been published few times, my success has not gotten to me head. To date, pictures captured or produced by me have been published over 400 times. I have had the pleasure of working with over 8K models worldwide. In 2011 I had the honor of being rated as one of the top photographers around the globe for creativity and uniqueness, which to me was a humbling experience.
I remember that I started at the bottom and my purpose in wanting a group was to provide guidance and / or opportunity to all Artists who are starting out or struggling.