this time we will sink into nature and art of the historic villas of Rome!
It will be a fascinating journey that will reveal not only the secrets of botany, but even the geological ages, geography, history, mythology and legends .
So...what are you waiting for?
Follow us in this wonderful adventure!
The Historic Villas retain an incredible botanical heritage until now little known and valued. The garden is amazing both form an environmental and cultural point of view.
Villa Pamphilj, with its 184 hectares is the largest historical villas of Rome.
Due to the vastness of the areas of heritage trees and historical artifacts there are three different routes for guided tours.
This time, we have chosen the first one!
This route runs from Porta San Pancrazio (Largo 3 Giugno 1849) up to the Garden Theatre.
Along the way you can see:
Historic building of the '700 at the entrance of Villa Pamphili, converted at the end of '800 in the park keeper's house.
ARC OF THE FOUR WINDS
Monumental entrance of the Villa. It was built by Andrea Vici, on the ruins of the Four Winds Casino destroyed during the fighting of the Roman Republic of 1849 by bombing of the French army.
VILLINO CORSINI AND STABLES
This eighteenth century building of the Villa Corsini, was purchased in 1856 by Prince Philip Andrea Doria Pamphili. Renovated and extended with the attached stables by the architect Busiris Vici in[masked], is now the seat of the House of Theatres.
VALLEY OF THE FALLOW
Area of 60,000 square meters, was settled originally as a Tuscan style garden with south-facing slopes covered with vineyards. The valley starts from the Aqueduct Trajan-Paul, degrading along a canal toward Via Vitellia.
Built by Emperor Trajan and renovated by Pope Paul V, the aqueduct was used to direct the waters in the Trastevere area from a source close to the lake of Bracciano.
Thanks to the presence of this aqueduct was possible to realize all the fountains that enhance the park.
Built between 1644 and 1652 under the pontificate of Innocent X, has an area of 3.3 hectares and takes its name from a large exedra semicircular masonry designed to accommodate outdoor theater and musical performance.
CASINO OF BEL BREATH
Built between 1645 and 1652 under the direction of Alessandro Algardi, commissioned by the nephew of Innocent X Camillo Pamphili, was intended to house the rich collection of ancient and modern sculptures, and paintings.
Today, the palace and the adjoining Secret Garden, are attributable to the Presidency of the Council.
- Track length: 3 km ca.
- Difficulty level: low (the walking doesn't present any kinf of difficulties)
It's useful to swear comfortable shoes and a hat (in case of a very sunny day...as we hope!)
HOW TO GET THERE
Place and time: Largo 3 Giugno 1849 (Porta San Pancrazio) , 10.30 A.M.
Route 1: From Trastevere Station take tram No. 8 to Argentina, get off in front of the Palace of Public Education (4 stops). From there take bus No. 115 to Fiorentini and get off at the stop named Carini / San Pancrazio.
Route 2: From Termini Station (Piazza Cinquecento), take bus N. 40 or 64. Get off at Ponte Vittorio Emanuele (line 40) or at L.gt Sassia / S.Spirito (line 64). Then take the bus N. 870 to Trullo and get off at the stop named Carini / San Pancrazio.
The visit will last about 2.30 hours.
The cost of the visit, with the guide for all the duration of the visit, is only 3 €.
just to cover Rome Explorers expenses (for the management of the website)
WE WILL WAIT FOR YOU, EXPLORER!!!