"Just Coffee" Invitation for women who want to get better at biking!
Kick-off Event = Coffee + Learning + Free bike adjustments + Discounts
(we are not riding our bikes today!)
• Are you interested in biking but you can't keep up with your husband/boyfriend/friends?
• Are you afraid of taking your bike on the road?
• Do you want a fun and woman-friendly place to improve your biking skills?
Ride Like a Girl is a beginners cycling group for women that is staring a new group this Spring.
Come to the Ride Like a Girl Kick-off Event and enjoy a cup of coffee at Western Bike Works Corsa Cafe while you learn more about the new women's cycling group that will be starting in April. Two events are available - please attend only one (either March 13th or 31st).
What you will learn:
• What is Ride Like a Girl?
• How will it work?
• When are the rides are scheduled to begin?
• Who can join the group?
• What do you need to participate?
• And other important questions: Do I have to wear Spandex? A nerdy mirror on my glasses? Can I carry coffee on the rides? Will food be involved?
Advantages of attending the Kick-off:
- Bring your bike for a complimentary (Free!) safety assessment Since we are not mechanics, we encourage you to make sure your bike is in good running order before you take it on a ride. The mechanics at Western will perform a safety check of your bike while you enjoy a cup of coffee and hang out with us girls. They will make minor adjustments, as needed (no cost), but if you need something more extensive (new tires or brakes, for example), they'll simply give you a recommendation for servicing it. It is up to you where and when to have it serviced. If your bike has been sitting in storage or has not been serviced in awhile, please take advantage of this opportunity!
- Get your bike seat adjusted (Free!) A properly adjusted seat is not just more comfortable but can provide also improve efficiency and power in pedaling. Bring your bike for this free service!
- Enjoy a special discount off HELMETS and merchandise at Western Bike Works. Need a helmet? Water bottle? A fun cycling jersey? A new bike? Western is offering a special discount for our kick-off event. Details will be announced at the event.
- Order a Ride Like A Girl jersey! March 13th is the last day we are accepting orders for a batch of jerseys that will be ready by mid-May. Cost is $60 and details can be found at www.RideLikeAGirlPortland.com. Of course, a jersey is not required attire - you can wear anything you like when you are biking with us.
Not Sure? - That's Okay Whether you have decided to try Ride Like a Girl or you are just thinking about it, come on down to learn what this group is about, meet other women that are considering it, get your questions answered, and enjoy a cup of tea/coffee.
Please RSVP to this event or send an email to [masked]. We are looking forward to meeting you!