Men, careful with the razor. Ladies, stop bleaching that lip. Your moustaches (real or not) are needed.
Recent studies show that moustaches are extremely effective at killing heartworms in dogs, when paired with small amounts of running or walking, and beer (or whatever liquid one finds to be fun).
Thursday, July 31,... we will test this out in a pub run that will benefit Heart 2 Heart, a program at Austin Pets Alive! that funds heartworm treatments for the dogs there. The adoption fees for those dogs are then waived when their forever home comes along.
The not-fuzzy details:
- We'll cover around three miles total (longer option available for "those people"), starting at Yellow Jacket Social Club (http://www.yellowjacketsocialclub.com/), hitting Wright Bros. Brew and Brew (http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.thebrewandbrew.com/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=L97PU4XJCsLj8gGHhoC4CA&ved=0CBcQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHAMtknx_VNRD4G7WYksrexUQEytQ) and one more bar, then returning to Yellow Jacket, which has food worth storing in your crumb-catcher for later.
- Wear a mustache. A tea strainer. Flavor saver. Cookie duster. Lip wings. We'll have some loaners on hand, of the adhesive variety. No one will be able to tell. And, feel free to wear whatever goes with your moustache - top hat and monocle, gold chain, hawaiian shirt, shorts, and Ferrari...
- Walkers are welcome, if they're wearing some lip foliage.
- Bring yer $5 minimum donation. Sadly, no denominations you might use feature a president with significant sub-nasal hair.
- Bring your ID (with a moustache drawn on it), and maybe a towel, dry shirt, and whisker wax for when we get back.
- There'll be plenty of free parking on the streets around the Yellow Jacket. Please don't hog up their parking lot, though!
- While at least two of the bars are dog-friendly, it will be too hot to be safe, so please stick a 'stache on your pooch, and leave them at home.
- 100% of all proceeds will go to the Heart 2 Heart fund. Every $200 we raise will cure a dog of heart worms, and help out its adopters.
Importantly, please know that this is not a race, and not an irresponsible boozefest! We're going to be the friendliest and most cautious lip-haired people out there, to traffic, the public, bar staff, and each other! And there will be NO DRUNK DRIVING. No getting behind the wheel or... handlebars. Plan ahead, and if you need help getting home, ask for it. We'll be very impressed with you.
Got questions? Post 'em below. And, please spread the word, and the Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/events/822359484442732/