In this course you learn everything included in a Permaculture Design course with much covered in more depth. You also learn what is needed to design, prepare, and live off-the-grid as needed for an ecovillage--OR--anywhere you wish to live.
In addition to the Permaculture (PDC) program, this course teaches you to
1. Grow an organic polyculture of year-round food & herbs, mostly perennials
2. Start to “drought-proof” your land
3. Plan and choose wisely for a natural new home
4. Make your existing home as energy efficient and sustainable as possible
5. Use farm birds/animals as “assistants”
6. Prep in place for whatever
During the course you will design
1. A polyculture starting with a sector analysis and using Permaculture Zones and Principles
2. An off-the-grid, natural home including your personal electricity audit
3. Rainwater harvesting system including your personal water audit
4. A temperate food forest.
This Saturday we will present information about, and an overview of, the major Sustainable Living course that starts this fall: on Saturday and Sunday, eight weekends (16 days). Class is for two weekends a month (only one month in December), with ample “homework” to keep you learning and designing between classes.
The course is an intensive learning and design experience. It is taught by five instructors who have Permaculture certificates and, more importantly, have further education and/or experience. Numerous outside experts will share their knowledge. Time is allowed for hands-on experiences, both in and out of class.
The cost of the course is $375, Come to the market Saturday for more information and to ask questions about the course. There will be an “early-bird” special of $275.
Scholarship: You can also fill out an application for a Young Farmer’s Scholarship (under 36 years of age).
The Greenville Farmers Market is a true local market. Please come early to shop. Those who wish will go out to eat after the event--see GREEN lunch below.
More information daily about sustainable living, growing organic food, homesteading, Permaculture, natural building, and events at http://facebook