Lets go to Austin for a weekend break and enjoy a little bit of nature, wine and nightlife! This is a one night trip but there are options for both a day trip or two nights.
Highlights include experiencing the amazing nightlife and music scene of 6th street, a full day in wine country visiting vineyards, a hike around the beautiful Hamilton Pool Reserve, the famous bridge bats taking off at sunset and lots of funky places to snack and dine in Austin!
* Arrive at sunset to view the bats taking off from the Congress Street Bridge. Kayak or Walking Tour.
* Dinner, Drinks and Music in Austin
* Meet in Hotel Lobby at 8:45am
* Best Pancakes in Texas anyone? http://www.kerbeylanecafe.com/cafe-locations/central-2/ (http://www.kerbeylanecafe.com/cafe-locations/central-2/)
* Full Day Wine Tour - with vehicle and professional driver (Prepaid - see below)
* Evening dinner at local eatery. We know we have veggies in our group - this is probably the best veggie stand in the USA: http://www.arlostruck.com/menu/
* Watch Band
* Early morning - please sleep in or take a walk along river!
* 12:00pm Perhaps the famous gospel taco brunch? http://tacoxpress.com/event/gospel-brunch-with-the-silvertones-4/
* 2:30pm to 5:00pm Self Drive to Hamilton Pool Reserve and 1 hour Hike and light picnic snack before driving home.
Accommodation (La Quinta - Downtown or Similar):
We will stay in downtown so there is no need to drive in the evenings. You may walk or take short taxi's in the evening.
If you are a single traveler we'll match you with a same gender roommate. No need to find a roommate. All sharers will be in two bed room with only one other person. No 3 per room or mixed gender unless requested by friends.
Cost Single: $85/night shared $170 own room
Two Friends 1/room: $85/night/person
Three Friends/1 room: $57/night/person (Share bed)
Four Friends/1 room: $45/night/person (Share bed)
Please make bookings through our supplier so we can consolidate spend and help offset odd numbers of singles. If a large group will try to "Upgrade" to a nicer hotel.
However you may book on own or stay with friend and join group on all activities.
Wine Tour: $75-$95 per person for driver, vehicle, tasting in 4-5 vineyards. The cost is variable until we get exact group size.