Bath is an amazing Roman town and the original British thermal spa, Bath became an important centre of the wool industry in the Middle Ages. In the 18th century, under George III, it developed into an elegant town with neoclassical Palladian buildings, which blend harmoniously with the Roman baths.
Bath is the ONLY UNESCO World Heritage town in England!! –Lets check it out!
* 08:30-08:45 Costa Coffee near platform 1 – Bath Trains usually leave on Platform 2/3
* 09:00 Train from Paddington to Bath – Arrive 10:24
* 10:30 Tour of City (Walking or Bus) (13GBP)
* 12:30 Lunch
* 13:30 Whatever people want to do:
Visit Roman Baths (12.50GBP)
2 Hours in Hot Pool Spa Complex (26GBP)
2 Hours in Hot Pools with full High Tee (40GBP)
* 16:30 Meeting Place Coffee/Drink
* 17:13 Train from Bath To Paddington – Arrive 18:50
* 19:00 Optional snack, drink, meal near Paddington at Thai Pub.
We are having a fun day trip so a plan is just a plan – we can change almost any of it depending on our speed, interests and weather. However lets get going on time. Please be at Costa Coffee by 8:45am with your ticket ready.
Tickets are 37GBP return right now on the Advance Fare. I will be buying mine this week. If you wish you can pay here on the event link and I will buy your ticket for you. Paypal does charge about a 2GBP fee which is added on. Otherwise its fine to buy your ticket directly.
If for any reason you cannot go you can sell your ticket to another person. These prices do go up to about 60GBP return so it’s a good discount. I checked the bus service and it is no good for a day trip at 3+ hours each way.
A couple of notes:
* The Roman Baths and Spa Baths are different. The Roman Baths are a historical monument. The Spa Baths are a modern couple of pools using the same natural hot mineral water.
* If you do plan to do the Spa Baths you should bring swimwear, you can rent a towel. Here is the link: www.thermaebathspa.com
Look forward to our first day trip!